Sunday, January 23, 2011

Microscopic Fairy Fun: Violet, Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena and Rosemary



I stayed up way to late last night playing with images from Moira's new digital microscope. It was a really great gift for only $20. I'm pretty sure this is the same unit. The photo above is of a violet leaf from my garden out front. I couldn't resist adding some fairy clip art from WebStarWest.

Lemon Balm (Melissa officionale) is pictured below. Don't you love the tiny prickly hairs? I had to add the mom and baby fairy, since Lemon Balm is such a wonderful herb for kids. I used a tincture of it that I made recently for Tessa when she had a stuffy nose.



The Lemon Verberena Fairy is my favorite from the collection. I made this image first. Such a beautiful green, and the scent could really make you want to dance.


A pensive Rosemary Fairy. I love being able to feel AND see just makes the tender tips of the Rosemary Leaves so stickly. I took the leaves from my potted Rosemary Christmas tree. This is another herb I've been using a lot this winter. This is an herb that I use all the time in oil based infusions. It mades a great base for a pain relief salve or a congested chest rub.



I have many more plant pictures to share, but I thought I would start out with these fun ones.

4 comments:

Aspiring Images By Rachel said...

Those are super cute. I especially love the dancing fairy.

Aquarian Bath said...

Thanks Rachel ;)

Dorathy said...

The microscope pictures are very good and I love the fairy elements you've added. What an exciting "toy" for you all.

boom microscopes said...

That was fantastic imagination.. a simple creation make it happen.. great pictures..