Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Handy Kitchen Tool for the Herbalist

CSN Stores recently gave me a gift certificate to make a review of one of their products. I got distracted searching for pots for syrup and salve making and found this Electric Kettle instead. I'm so happy I did. I have a bad habit of forgetting that I have water boiling and letting it go far too long. A whistling tea kettle was also about the last thing I need at this moment, because I'm so often nursing and am not able to get right up at a moments notice to turn off the stove for instance. When the water boils, the kettle turns off automatically and there is no noise. This kettle has been quite helpful for quickly boiling water for infusion making, tea making, sterilizing, melting salve residue off of containers, etc. Over all it's a very fun and handy toy and portable for boiling water at off site location with no burners. Glad I found it! I've been having fun making teas and infusions with it. Some of my favorites are Chamomile and Holy Basil, Moringa leaf and Holy Basil, and Morninga leaf and Lemongrass.

No comments: