Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Home Away from Home Summer Garden Pictures


My mom has a lovely flower and Herb Garden in Washington State. I love buying plants for her while I'm there or taking cuttings for her to grow of herbs that I can't maintain in the Florida heat. Today she sent me some great pictures of her garden and some of the plants I gave her while I was there in May. The first picture is a view of the garden from the back porch. My aunt made the great window frame for her from salvaged materials and it was installed while I was there this Spring.

The Calendula and Nasturtiums that I picked up while I was there are looking fabulous. My mom is saving the Calendula blossoms for me. I use Calendula petals my Skin Soothing Balm. Calendula has been impossible for me to grow in Florida heat, but I may give it one more try here this fall as a winter crop. The nasturtiums would are a great colorful addition to salads.



Have you ever seen Hens and Chicks (Sedum) in Bloom? I think these are the same plants I gave my mom about 9 years ago. Wow! So long.



5 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

How nice! Thanks for sharing you mom's garden with us! And yes ... hens-n-chicks in bloom are such a delight!

Aquarian Bath said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. :)

Carrie and Justin said...

Your mom's garden looks like a paradise! Truly beautiful! :)

Green home said...

Wonderful garden. I like to grow plants at home. Making home green is a good idea and it gives oxygen, fresh air, its good for health. One can create greenery with available space in the house, with many innovative ideas like in a top covered gallery, one can grow lianas that could creep towards the top, A small piece of ground can be created into a turf, can make a frontier with hibiscus or ficus for example and encircle it with trees. Likewise you can go for many such ideas.

Aquarian Bath said...

Great ideas you have green home! My back yard is very green with lots of shade and herbs and trees. I'm slowly making the front yard more green.