Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weekend Pictures from Maggies Herb Farm: Next Herbal Medicine Making Class August 8th


Over the weekend I took a wonderful trip up to Maggie's Herb farm in St. Augustine. Amazingly this was my first trip to the farm, and I'm very happy that I will have many opportunities for return visits. I spent the day at the farm teaching my Salve and Balm making class to a group of eight students who learned the basics of infused oil and balm making. We harvested fresh Mugwort, Lemon grass, and Rosemary for a pain relief salve. We also made sweet orange lip balms and a Comfrey-Yarrow skin soothing salve. Our class was held in the lovely gift shop at the farm, which is filled with dried herbs, ceramic plant markers and decorations.



Maggie's Herb farm is owned by Dora Baker, here she is with her very talkative friend Gracie in one of the green houses.


One of my favorite flower's were in bloom at the farm. The beautiful Passiflora incarnta is pictured below.


More than half of the participants signed up for my August 8th Herbal Medicine making class. There are still four spots left though. Would you like to join us?

Learn the basic methods for herbal home medicine making for your family. This is a hands on class in which you gather herbs from the farm for making tinctures, liniments and a cough syrup. We will focus on methods for making preparations, properties of herbs used during the class including Mints, Mugwort, Lemon grass and more. 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. Fee $35 bring a sack lunch. Please pre-register by calling the farm: 904-829-0722






Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Athena's Armoury said...

I would love to come to your class!! Being on the opposite coast might cause a problem, though. =( I hope you have a great turn out and have a wonderful time!

Aquarian Bath said...

Thanks Athena,
I think next time I post about a class, I will also make a contest for my out of the area followers so that I can send them a copy of the class notes and creations from the class.

Thanks for the award Linda! I will be sure to blog it ASAP. :)

Axealis said...

Interested class, I hope can join on your class :) axealis