Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Garden Up Close



My daughter and I had a fun photo session with our generic USB webcam microscope yesterday.  We took pictures of Aloe in bloom, Lacinato kale, Blood plant, Cleavers and Chickweed.  I hope you like the images.  This camera is different from the one from Toys R Us that I used to take these photos from 2011.  

A small Lacinato Kale leaf


Blood plant flowers.  I love this plant.  Moira got it at a plant swap and it grows very fast. It does well in sandy soil with full sun.  It is easy to grow from cuttings also.
Chickweed, Stellaria, my girls and I like to eat it raw and feed it by hand to the chickens.
Cleavers, Galium aparine, in bloom.  This is a great tonic for the lymphatic system. I also eat it raw.  

Moira took all the beautiful Aloe photos.  The color is amazing up close. 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos!!

Dorathy said...

These would be wonderful for framing. Love them.