Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Best of New Years Day Gardening Photos

Lacinato Kale
I spent new years day gardening I hope you like the photos.  The first set was taken at the Bonner Center Community Garden.  The Komquats are at my Father in Law's house.  It is a tree that my husband and I gave him one year I think for his birthday.  Great harvest this year from such a little tree.
Beds that my friend David and I planted at the Bonner Center Community garden.

Dave and I are taking care of them.  I mulched all around the beds the other day.

My family's favorite vegetable.

Time to take the fairy out of the sun.

Siberian Kale Bed after thinning


Transplanted Siberian Kale

Siberian Kale in the spiral garden

Brocolli and Mint

Shallots


 
Komquats from Leo's Garden

They are very mild and you can eat them whole.. skin and all.

Maybe I should be saving the seeds.




1 comment:

Dorathy said...

It was 28 here yesterday morning and slippery. So amazing to see your beautiful winter garden. The komquats are beautiful.