Friday, June 22, 2012

4 New Shampoo Bars by Aquarian Bath and How to Use a Shampoo Bar

Coffee Butter Shampoo Bar Vegan Jojoba Formula
I am pleased to announce 4 new shampoo bars from Aquarian Bath made with a slightly modified formula which includes Pesticide Free Golden Jojoba. The formula is nearly the same as my original vegan Aloe Shampoo Bar, but it has Golden Jojoba included instead of Aloe. The difference in feel for your hair is slightly more smoothing, softening, and straightening. The Aloe Shampoo bars tend to give my hair more volume and bounce. Don't worry, I will continue making my Aloe Shampoo Bars for those who love that formula.


My coffee shampoo bar is sure to be a hit. It was made with my new vegan jojoba formulation slightly modified to include highly aromatic coffee butter and a strong coffee brew rather than standard water. These coffee shampoo bars have a light coffee scent.

If you have been waiting for an unscented shampoo bar or have been wanted to try a smaller sized shampoo bar to start, you can now try my Henna infused Shampoo Bar rounds. I have a small number of these bars in stock at the moment. I haven't decided if I will stick with rounds or make regular rectangles with the next batch. What do you think? Do you like round soaps?

Henna Shampoo Bar Vegan Jojoba Formulation

My next shampoo bar isn't vegan but it is the same formula with the addition of Tea Tree and Eucalyptus essential oil together with silk protein and honey. The silk gives the an even greater smoothing quality to the shampoo bar. This bar smells wonderfully herbaceous and refreshing.

Silk-N-Honey Tea Tree Eucalyptus Shampoo Bar with Jojoba

Lastly I have created a fun shampoo bar for the Beer lovers with Guinness Extra Stout. This shampoo bar is unscented. This bar was made with the same vegan jojoba formula, but it contains slightly less free oil compared to the other vegan jojoba shampoo bars. So this might be a good choice for you if you hair tends to normal with a slight tendency towards oiliness.

Extra Stout Vegan Jojoba Shampoo Bar made with North American Guinness Extra Stout. This bar is slightly less conditioning compared to my other vegan jojoba shampoo bars


How does one wash with a shampoo bar?

I wrote previously about transitioning to shampoo bars and a simple treatment to give your hair a fresh start, but what about the basics? Washing with a shampoo bar is pretty simple. First you wet your hair thoroughly, the rub the shampoo bar in a few a patches in your hair. Then work up the lather with your hands. Make sure the lather is worked in through all of your hair and down to your scalp in order give your hair a complete cleaning. Then rinse your hair with fresh water making sure to get out all the shampoo. Rinsing your hair with bath tub water that already has soap mixed in with it will not give you a clean rinse. I wash with my shampoo bars every 2 to 3 days, or more often if I have been getting dirty in the garden or have been working out strenuously.

No comments: