Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Winter Chamomile Harvest is Winding Down


The winter harvest season is winding down here in Central Florida. We've had a steady supply of brocolli, lettuce, calendula, and collards. My favorite plant of the Winter season though was this beautiful Chamomile plant. I've been picking flower buds twice a week over the last few weeks. Moira and Tessa both like to help pick the delicate yellow and white flowers. I'm looking forward to doing something special with these dried and drying buds. Maybe I will make a lavender chamomile salve. I made those a few years back and they were really wonderful and smelled strongly of chamomile flowers.

3 comments:

Pen and Paperie said...

I love chamomile - can't wait to see what you do with it!
Sounds like an idyllic garden you have there...

Pen and Paperie said...

I love chamomile - can't wait to see what you do with it!
Sounds like an idyllic garden you have there...

Aquarian Bath said...

A garden is great fun : )