Thursday, January 3, 2013

Winter Sowing Container Count - 43


Moira and I scavenged the neighborhood last night.  We found all these soda and water bottles in the recycling for Winter Sowing.  


Here they are cut in half and filled with soil.  Tessa and Moira helped me plant seeds and seal them up.  We planted beans, peas, squash, various herbs, tomatoes, okra.  I can't remember everything we planted, but it is all labeled with a sharpie.


I'm at 43 containers and counting.  If you'd like to join me, please do.  I'm the only one participating from zone 9 in the Seed Traders Winter Sowing Zone wars event!

2 comments:

Dorathy said...

Great idea. Will they freeze in them if the temperature drops?

Aquarian Bath said...

They shouldn't. The idea is to protect them from freezes and frosts.