Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Favorite Equipment for the Herbal Kitchen?

I recently broke my favorite pot for making herbal balms and salves. It was an awesome Corningware pot with cup and oz markings on the inside. This was so great for making syrups when you need to boil down the solution to half the initial volume. So I'm in the market for new equipment. I haven't been able to find something exactly like what I broke, so I'm shopping around. Does anyone use Le Creuset pots for cooking or making herbal preparations? They have enamel-coated cast iron pots that would be great for making herbal syrups or balms. Other favorites? One of my favorite tools for the for the herbal kitchen that I can't live with out is the Oxo Potato Ricer for pressing tinctures and infused oils. I learned that tip from Jim McDonald of HerbCraft.org a few years back. It's about time to re-outfit my kitchen so any equipment tips would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I would hit an outlet Cory....They often have a Corningware store or stores that have Corningware in their stock......Best of luck with it! Keep those awesome soaps coming! :) Kirsten

Aquarian Bath said...

I started shopping and got side tracked and got an electric hot water tea pot thing instead! LOL :)