Friday, October 16, 2009

Goldenrod Harvest


Goldenrod Harvest
Originally uploaded by AquarianBath

I am currently making up a fresh batch of Yarrow/Comfrey/Calendula infused oil and just harvested Goldenrod (this photo) infused oil. These will be my base oils for restocking my Skin Soothing Balm and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Balm respectively. I'm using Extra Virgin Olive Oil in these batches together with Candelilla Wax (vegan) for the first time. I like the fact that only half as much Candelilla wax is needed compared to beeswax for balm making. This will allow for a higher concentration of healing herbal infused oil in the balms.






Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Christina said...

Awesome herbal combination, I've wanted to play with Goldenrod in my lotions but haven't gotten to it yet, I'm glad to find someone who is using it. Do you find if someone is allergic to it, that they can't use the soap?

Have you played with Sunflower oil? I don't know how it would work in soap, but in lotions, it is very light, non greasy, and absorbs quickly.

Thanks for the add/follow you have some great products!

Christina

Aquarian Bath said...

Hi Christina.

I don't think I know anyone who is allergic to goldenrod. Most people who think they are allergic to goldenrod are allergic to ragweed which blooms at the same time. I don't add it to soap, just salves.

I haven't tried Sunflower oil. How is the shelf life? I thought it was short, so I never tried it.