Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday Soap on a Rope Ornaments

Seasons Greetings! Hope you all have your plans in order for an enjoyable Thanksgiving break if you are here in the US. I have been very busy here trying to make sure I have plenty of holiday gift offerings in my shop. I have a new section dedicated to these most recent creations:



Many of my Holiday items this year are soap on a rope ornaments. These make great stocking stuffers or gifts for family or coworkers. I had fun with the holiday scent blending. The reindeer above, as well as the start and bells from that batch were scented with Lemon, Mandarin, Tangerine, Star Anise, Clove and Patchouli essential oils. The gingerbread men of course were scented with Ginger essential oil as well as Cinnamon and Clove essential oils. This is how I make them:

First, I slice thin sections from soap slab.


Then I cut the pieces with a cookie cutter.


Next I poke a hole through the ornaments and string them with hemp. Ornaments are hung to cure.

No waste! Left over bits go into the crock pot for a melt down.

Gingerbread bits make a great matching bar soap after being poured into the slab mold and cut.


Hope you find something you like.

No comments: