Monday, July 12, 2010

Countdown to Loofa Soap

My second generation of loofa gourds are nearly ready. I planted a small section at the Fair Share garden at the end of a red okra raised bed. Pretty soon they will reach their full length and start darkening up. When they turn brownish black they are ready to come down and be cleaned out. I think this year I will make a Key Lime loofa soap. Last year I made a Mandarin loofa soap and it sold out fast.

I still have lots and lots of loofa seeds.  I am happy to give them away free with purchase from Aquarian Bath, just ask in the comment section at check out. 



This loofa got hung up in the vine and started growing wacky. I untangled it a couple of weeks ago.
Here is one of the flowers close up. You need male and female flowers to make loofa gourds. You can see a couple pesky little fire ants on the flower if you look closely.

Leave a comment and let me know if you would like to be notified when loofa soaps are back in stock.

2 comments:

Dorathy said...

They look like zucchini shaped cucumbers from the photo. Very interesting.

Eat To Live said...

Very interesting blog. As soon as I get more time I am going to check it out further.

I am on a mission to follow 10 new, Interesting blogs a day for a month. Hopefully they will follow me back.

My Journey With Candida
http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/