Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Saturday's Herb Farm Adventure


I had a lovely day Saturday at Magggie's Herb farm. The plants are coming along in the green house after a long freeze. I was happy to be able to pick up some new plants to replace the ones that I lost in January. Some of the herbs I took home included Calendula like the lovely flowering ones pictured here, Patchouli, True Rose Geranium, Tilo, and Lemon Balm.

Most of the mother plants were still recovering so we worked with dried herbs for making our tinctures during our Herbal Medicine Making class. My students chose dried Goldenrod, Motherwort, Lavender to make their tinctuers. Our honey cough and sore throat syrup came out nicely. We used a blend of thyme, yarrow, lemongrass, marjorum, and horehound for the decoction.


The big question was when are you coming back to teach? I am very happy these new students liked the class. I am not sure If I will be back there to teach there this summer, but I am hoping at latest to resume classes in the Fall. When Moira was a baby I never left her with others for long or took her out in the world with me to work as my students were suggesting. I love visiting and teaching at the farm too much to stay away though, so I'm sure we will find a good solution.







Bookmark and Share

No comments: