Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lavender Earl Grey Tea: A Favorite New Morning Tea Blend



During the summer (which seems to go on forever in Florida) I generally like to drink green tea. The green tea is very cooling. We brew it up daily and store it in the refrigerator in a glass jar. I also am fond of making vitamin and mineral rich herbal infusions of nettles, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf. Recently I've been drinking Earl Grey Lavender tea in the morning. We have a great restaurant supply store in town called Sixth Street Sales, where I am able to find lots of fun boxed discount tea blends. The Lavender Earl Grey tea was one of the blends that I found last time from Revolution. Regular Earl Grey tea is a black tea made with Bergamot oil. Bergamot is a rich, sweet, fruity citrus oil used in aromatherapy and natural perfumery.



I love the way the addition of a small amount of Lavender buds adds a sweet herbaceous touch to the earl grey. When I run out of the tea bags, I'm planning to pick up some earl grey in bulk to which I will be adding home grown Lavender from my friend Michelle. Lavender is one of my favorite herbs for calming the nervous system and I enjoy making Lavender vodka/ tincture for use during stressful periods.

I'm looking forward to reading what others are drinking in the morning lately. This blog post is a part of an a November blog party about morning beverages hosted by Dancing in a Field of Tansy

Lavender on Foodista




Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Luthien Thye said...

what a beautiful image of the lavender fields!! i'm a little boring...i only drink english breakfast tea. i usually dun like tea scented with fruits or flowers or herbs. the only one i would drink is english rose which is essentially english breakfast with rose petals :)) but i do take different varieties of chinese tea and japanese green tea :))... being asian LOL!!

Aquarian Bath said...

What no Jasmine tea? LOL

Luthien Thye said...

oh yea... jasmine tea and much of other varieties of chinese tea :)) hey!! jasmine is a flower!! that's an achievement :)) LOLZ!!

Pogostemon said...

I love the sound of this. Got to try my earl grey this way now.
I did used to make an earl gray soap with a strong tea infusion and bergamot e.o added. I might just make some more after reading this but right now I'm going to brew some earl grey your way
xxx

Aquarian Bath said...

Earl Grey soap with Bergamot EO! You are one clever lady. I love it.

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

That sounds delightful! Lavender is a wonderful, under-rated herb. :)

Love,

Marqueta

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.